Members of the MySQL Support Team wear a number of different hats here at Oracle. Obviously, our top priority is to provide amazing technical support that makes customers rave. We also have a team dedicated to processing bug reports from the MySQL Community. Some of us are active bloggers or assist on mailing lists or forums, while others find other ways to contribute to the MySQL Community. We help out with QA and product planning, write books, and the consultative support aspects of MySQL subscriptions allow us the opportunity to help train and advise customers on best practices and successful MySQL-backed application architecture. In short, we’re deeply invested in making sure that MySQL deployments are successful.
This year, we’re privileged to send some of these great MySQL experts to the inaugural MySQL Connect Conference this September 29-30, and it will be a great opportunity for you to experience first-hand the value that MySQL Support can provide:
- Sveta Smirnova will present two sessions: Managing and Troubleshooting MySQL for Oracle DBAs and Save Your Data: How to Make MySQL Backups
- Gillian Gunson will lead a Hands-On Lab for those Getting Started with MySQL
- Santo Leto will lead the Cluster counterpart, Get Started with MySQL Cluster
- Jonathon Coombes will walk users through successful implementations of MySQL Security: Authentication and Audit in a Hands-On Lab
- Jesper Krogh will demonstrate Improving Performance with the MySQL Performance Schema in another HOL
Be sure to stop by the MySQL Support booth in the demo grounds at MySQL Connect and meet these MySQL experts – they’ll be happy to help you solve any of your tricky MySQL problems.
If you’re an Oracle DBA just getting started on MySQL, it’s worth the $100 fee to add MySQL Connect to your OOW registration, but Ben Krug will also be leading a session at OOW with the goal of Demystifying MySQL for Oracle DBAs and Developers.
And if California is just too far to travel, perhaps you can catch Uma Bhat‘s presentation at PyCon India, Introduction to MySQL Connector/Python.
We hope to see you at one of these upcoming conferences!